Friday, December 16, 2011

Prayer for Advent Based on John 1:6-18

Holy God: I have always been looking for you.  I have always been searching for truth.  I have always been trying to know where I should go, what I should do, what life is really about.  I have shown the world a stiff upper lip.  I have acted so certain.  But, in my heart of hearts, I have been so unsure.  Are you there?  Do you care?  Do you hear me?  Do I hear you?  Is all my religious learning and doing good for anything?  “No one has ever seen God” said John.  I haven’t.  And yet, John said, “The Word became flesh” and “we have seen his glory.”  I’ve seen something that rings true in Jesus.  I’ve seen something that points me toward light, something that gives me a direction in the darkness.  If I can’t see you, thank you for letting me see the way to you in your son.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment