Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Prayer based on John 1:43-46 (Phillip tells Nathaniel about Jesus)

John 1:43-46
The next day Jesus decided to go to Galilee. He found Philip and said to him, ‘Follow me.’ Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. Philip found Nathanael and said to him, ‘We have found him about whom Moses in the law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus son of Joseph from Nazareth.’ Nathanael said to him, ‘Can anything good come out of Nazareth?’ Philip said to him, ‘Come and see.’


Prayer
Holy God, I come to you with all my doubts, all my confusions. So many seem so sure of your promises. It seems like the Christian faith is more simple for them, that it works better for them than it has worked for me. O God, I have more than a few issues with you that remained unresolved. I have questions that you have not answered. Like Nathaniel questioning Phillip, I’ve got a lot to work on. But Phillip told Nathaniel to “Come and See” for himself. And here I am tonight. So, please Jesus, show me yourself. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment